Olivia's Chocolate Afgans
- 200 grams softened butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup Devonport Chocolates 100% cocoa powder
- 2 cups cornflakes or as preferred
- 1 Tbsp Devonport Chocolates 100% Cocoa powder
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 1 coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until it has a light and fluffy texture.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa, add the cornflakes and then stir thoroughly until the mixture is combined.
- Place tablespoonfuls onto a baking tray, and gently press with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and cool on a cooling rack before topping.
- Sift sugar and cocoa into a bowl.
- Add the butter and stir in the water and vanilla essence.
- Beat to ensure it is a spreadable consistency.
- Once all the afghans are iced, they can be topped with cornflakes or walnut halves depending on preference.