Orange Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 240g butter room temperature
- 180g brown sugar
- 50g Devonport Chocolate Dark Hot Chocolate mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from one orange
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 330g plain flour
- 150g Devonport Chocolates 70% Cocoa Solids Callets (drops)
- 60g small marshmallows
I had some absolutely gorgeous oranges on our tree at home and I couldn't resist using the zest in a recipe. This recipe makes around 20-24 depending on your size of cookies.
I have adapted the recipe from Cookies and Cups and have changed all of the American cups measurements to weights, original recipe can be found here.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius
- Line baking trays with baking paper
- Cream butter and brown sugar until combined. Add hot chocolate and mix until combined.
- Add in eggs one at a time, then vanilla, orange zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Turn mixer to low and mix in salt, baking soda and flour (and no I didn't sieve the flour, yipee!).
- Hand mix in chocolate callets and marshmallows.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the mix and place on trays approximately 4-5 cm apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until edges are set. (I did do one tray at a time, if you are trying to bake all trays at once you might need to
- extend the time and circulate the trays).
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.